Saturday, August 21, 2010

School is in, Knit time is out

So the students come back this Wednesday.  I am a little excited about a new year with a new group of kids.  The down side is that I think like the t-shirt I recently saw: "My job is cutting in on my knitting time."  Fortunately I have finished 2 projects this week and may finish one this weekend.  I am going to try to include the pictures of each project.  One is an afghan which will be donated in my Knit and Crochet group for our Charity Project (10 afghans by Christmas, we started in January and I have 6 confirmations).  The other is a shawl I had the yarn for and just wanted to try.  It is acrylic yarn and a free internet pattern.  I am dying to try it with a more luxurious yarn.  My daughter is modeling it and liked it so much she wants one for herself.  I will have to see if I can make one half that size for her.  I am very lucky to have children who appreciate all the things I make for them.  The weekend project I need to finish is a baby afghan, which is unfinished because the baby came almost 2 weeks early.  I will make a picture of the afghan, which was knit corner to corner, next week.  By the way, all the pictures were taken with my new camera which I purchased for my upcoming trip to Seattle, Washington for the West Coast Men's Fall Knitting Retreat.  This is still the bright spot on the horizon for me.  I will have to bring my wife something nice back from Seattle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment