Sunday, January 23, 2011

What have I been up to, Up to now....

2 hour Wrap

more like 5 day wrap
 My wonderful wife gifted me with a weekend away this year for Christmas.  There are pictures of the place in which we stayed below.  It was secluded without the temptation of shopping (which we both love).   We did some yarn shopping on the way to the cabin.  I have included lots of pictures which I haven't shown before.  The two pics above are of my wife's Christmas present last year.  It is thick and glamorous and has a hint of pink in it.  She wears it well.
The next two pics are of a scarf I made for a co-worker
Bead It Scarf
 who retired in December.   I was unable to complete it by retirement date, but she came to visit last week and I gave it to her.  She was thrilled.
Retirement Gift
 She will have to hide it from her 3 daughters.
Bedroom at my Weekend Away

Cabin on the Horse Farm

Great Room in Cabin

Covered Bridge Red Ponchette


A very relaxed and happy Couple
Holey Mohair Shawl
Cabin Kitchen

Mobius Cowl wrapped twice











Here is the bedroom of the cabin from our weekend away.  (I still am having a hard time getting the hang of this blog for example arrangement of these pictures.  I'll keep practicing).







This is an outside view of the cabin.  It was on a working horse farm and we could view the horses from the windows as we knitted, crocheted, and watched movies all weekend.










My daughter is modeling lots of things for me.  See her in several items I have knitted over the past few months.  The ponchette was finished just before our trip.  The Holey Mohair shawl is small but was my first design (before I knew I could design, one day I will get around to remaking and writing up the pattern).  The mobius cowl to the right is an older piece, one of the first that I knit after learning.  It fits and looks good on my darling girl. 







The felted hat is only the second piece that I have ever felted (the first was a belt).  I accidentally felted
a little too much, but it will fit a pre teen girl.
Felted girl's hat

Shawl in Autumn colors
Another view of the hat, my daughter makes it look good.
This is my favorite shawl pattern.  It only takes me about a weekend to complete one.  And this one is in my favorite color, oranges. 
Shawl, tied in the front


Holey Mohair Shawl




Mini Waterfall Shawl

Sweetie Pie baby hat, for a friend











While we were at the cabin I quickly knitted up this Horseshoe lace cowl for the owner of the horse farm.  She was thrilled and called us on the way home to thank us.  It is going to be my next free pattern.  Look for it in February.

























Finally I completed a baby hat from yarn I bought in Seattle, on the Men's Fall Knitting Retreat.  I gave it to a friend who had a baby this summer and she was thrilled.  I got to practice lace and try bobbles for the first time on this piece.  Well, now you know what I've been up to, up to now.  Next blog, finished pics of the Bernat Mosaic Shawl.

 Keep playing with sticks and string.












3 comments:

  1. Love them all, but especially the little baby hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I so want the horseshoe cowl pattern....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your autumn colors shawl. It looks pretty and very wearable as well. Score.

    Love the getaway. Sounds like my idea of a good time, too. :)

    ReplyDelete