Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

I hope that you all will forgive how long it has been since my last blog.  I have had a lot going on so I think I will do these in short entries over the next few days.   Since my last post, I lost my Granny in Tennessee.  She passed away at home on March 4th and I left the next morning for Tennessee with my parents.  While I was there, I got to see cousins whom I have not seen in 30 years.  It was a bittersweet reunion and I hope we will continue to stay in touch through Facebook, phone, and email.  I completed a swatch for Interweave Knits winter issue (now the waiting begins again). While we were driving to and from Tennessee,  I also finished a blanket for a friend who is due in April.  It is Jared Flood's "Wool Leaves."  I will post pics once it is blocked. On the trip home I visited the "Black Mountain Yarn Shop."  The shop was wonderfully stocked and I was able to get my wife some beautiful Katia cotton with long color changes.  I hope she will make something to wear in the spring.  As we were checking out and talking I was able to introduce myself and show them pictures of my soon to be published pattern for Skacel (if it would only come out soon).  When I got home I had already been friended on Ravelry by the shop.  I am so excited about this whole knitting venture.   Things are coming together nicely for the Knitting Retreat.  My wife and I are very excited.  More to follow in the days to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment