Thursday, June 6, 2013

Almost 2 years in the making

When I started to do a blog post yesterday, I noticed that this was the last blog post that I had tried to do before life went spinning out of control.  The picture below is of my Herbivore, made from Regia Hand Dye Effect.  (It looks much better with my burnt orange henly shirt.) I started it over 2 years ago and decided that it would be my project for the Ravellenic Games last summer.  I entered it in the Works in Progress Wrestling category.  Since it is made with fingering weight yarn, and begins with a garter tab cast on technique, it seemed as though it was taking forever to knit this piece.  After 3-4 days of knitting, I picked the pattern back up and read "knit until @ 12 inches deep from cast on."  So I measured and had 13" from cast on.  I knit the last 3 rows, bound off and have gotten tons of compliments every time I wear it.  I probably could have sold it for a huge price at a yarn store event last fall to a woman who did not knit but was there with her friends. (She told the shop owner she wanted her to make one for her as a gift.)  Since completing this scarf, I have started another Stephen West pattern for this fall season.  It is the Boneyard Shawl, and I am knitting it in 100% alpaca that I got from a local farm.  I hope to work on it this summer, so it will be blocked and ready when the cooler weather of fall is upon us.  I am including another picture of my Herbivore, all spread out, below.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment